As important as preserving the past now buried it is important to preserve above ground built heritage. New Era Archaeology provides a wide range of historical services. We provide reports required for undertakings subject to the following:New Era Archaeology can also aid in policy development by completing municipal Archaeological Master Plans as part of an Official Plan. A very detailed background study of the municipality is completed and compiled into one report. A number of sources are consulted including both written and visual sources. An Archaeological Master Plan allows municipalities to have a better idea of areas of high archaeological potential within the municipality and make policies accordingly.
- Ontario Environmental Assessment Act
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act
- Environmental Protection Act
- Planning Act
- Ontario Heritage Act
- Ontario Heritage Bridge Guidelines
- Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Provincial Heritage Properties